I was born in Mavelikara, Kerala, India as the second child of my parents. My father, Haridasan retired as Executive Engineer from PWD (Public Works Department) – Irrigation Department, Kerala and my mother, Radhika retired as Assistant Accounts Officer from KSEB (Kerala State Electricity Board).
I completed B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) from N.S.S. College of Engineering, Palakkad, Kerala, India and M.Tech (Master of Technology) from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India. I completed PhD in Computer Science from the Cognitive Robotics Laboratory of Intelligent System Research Centre (ISRC), Ulster University, UK.
I am currently working as post-doctoral research associate at the Cognitive Robotics Lab of Intelligent Systems Research Centre, Ulster University, UK. Before joining Ulster University for PhD, I worked for Kalki Communication Technologies (Kalkitech), Bangalore, India for four and half years in different areas like control, sensing, data mining and optimization applications in power system. I was part of development teams of two award-winning products in Kalkitech. I have taught Microprocessors in NSS College of Engineering as Guest Lecturer, after finishing my under-graduation. I have also worked in IPCL/RIL (petrochemical industry) for a brief period before joining Kalkitech for the second time in 2006.
- Present and past research projects, I was part of are listed here.
- Publications are listed here.
- Skills & work experience are listed in my Curriculum Vitae.
- Some scribblings and travelogues in my Blog : Moments on the Journey .
- The schools and colleges I attended.
- Some of my (past) avocations.
- My current hobbies are Hill Walking, Photography. and occasional Sketching.
- Some photos from wedding are available here (Requires password)
- I am an IOEE certified Enterprise Mentor.
- I am a member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) since 2007.
- I have removed my profiles from all social networks I was part of at some point of time (linkedIn, facebook, google+, twitter), mainly because of their changes in policies and user agreements which force the user to grant them unlimited permission on all our personal data. You can read my reasons to leave facebook here.
- Joined an evening class in Foyle International to learn Spanish. Completed two levels.
“Be the change you want to see”